Stokes grew digital revenue by 90% without hurting in-store sales.
Mobile traffic converts 1.5X more than last year.
Stokes wanted to leverage digital to increase loyalty and attract new consumers; to extend its brand promise of great deals on stylish kitchen and housewares to the digital consumer. Stokes has been Canada’s go-to store for affordable, good “bang-for-your-buck” kitchen, housewares and giftwares for generations and is intent on building on its enviable position on the market and in the consumer’s mind.
The rise of online shopping options for consumers has created new competition for Stokes, who have done a great job at extending their brand promise to digital, meeting their consumers where they shop. Since 2015, Stokes has executed its strategy of creating compelling content and promoting it through digital channels to its always-interested client base. They can teach any retailer a thing or two about promotion, fast-moving merchandise, relevance and seizing digital opportunity.
Average Order Value (AOV) shot up almost 20%, which is huge in housewares retail.
The eCommerce Tech
- eCommerce platform: Magento
- Automated mail marketing: Bronto
- Lifestyle blog CMS: WordPress
- Gift card/Loyalty: Ceridian
- ERP: Jesta
- Black-Friday proofing the infrastructure (capacity to manage peaks)
- Integration of Bronto automated Email marketing solution
- Integration of Ceridian gift card solution
- Integration with internal ERP + accounting systems
- Advanced promotional features (auto add to cart, discount with purchase, etc.)
- Hero shots (featured products) on catalog pages
- WordPress blog integrated with Magento for enhanced eCommerce capabilities
- Autonomy in content creation and promotion
- Real-time eCommerce analytics dashboard
- Advanced merchandizing
- Loyalty and/or gift card program
- Email marketing strategy and tools
- Cross-sell strategy