One of the world’s leading commerce platforms is doubling-down on B2B. Absolunet sums up the new business-to-business features
With the release of 2.2, Magento aims to facilitate the digital transition for manufacturers and distributors by simplifying the often complex business rules and transactions. This new release makes it easier to integrate Magento with ERP systems.
As a Magento Enterprise Partner, Absolunet has been alpha-testing version 2.2 for months.
Magento 2.2’s B2B Features:
- Account Creation + Maintenance:
- Administrators can designate roles for their coworkers and assign them to teams.
- The roles allow for varying levels of permission in a one-to-many relationship.
- Account Roles and Permissions:
- Create and assign roles and permissions to each client-side user
- Define/set which users and user-levels can view and edit (can be done by the vendor AND by the client’s internal eCommerce person/manager)
- Quote Requests and Tracking:
- Customers can request a quote, that will be editable by any authorized user.
- Vendors can track quotes in a summary view, including history and drafts.
- Negotiation + Variable Pricing:
- Vendors can create specific catalogs with specific pricing for their customers – Let us reiterate: this means a custom catalog for each customer with their pricing.
- Vendors AND buyers can calculate discounts with total cost data tools.
- Negotiate both product and shipping prices
- Explain their proposals by adding comments and attachments
- Suggest additional SKUs or make substitutions to increase their AOV
- Close deals quickly by setting quote expiration dates
- Quick Order by SKU Functionality:
- Customers can quickly add products to their carts by entering their SKUs or by uploading a CSV file containing SKUs and quantities.
- Easy Ordering with Requisition Lists
- Create lists of frequently purchased products for easy re-ordering
- Set up as many lists as needed and assign lists to specific buyers
- Easily add products to lists by:
- Entering product SKUs
- Copying previous orders
- Selecting “Add to Requisition List” from product and category pages
- Buyer simply selects products and chooses “Add to Cart” to initiate a purchase
- Payment on Credit
- Offer payment on credit as payment option
- Manage company credit in the Magento Admin
- Shipping Features
- Automate carrier selection
- Pack and dispatch from any location
- Apply order allocation rules by location
- Use built-in intelligent rules for accurate quoting and rating
- Single, pre-integrated end-to-end shipping solution
- Seamless availability and easy setup and activation
- New carriers and carrier features without extension updates
- Built-in conflict checks
- Improved ERP Integration:
- Magento 2.2 introduces changes in several API classes (an API refers to defined methods of communication between various software components).
- Magento 2.2’s flexible API integrates a variety of ERP solutions. These changes are designed to extend overall API coverage and improve developer experience with new features.
For technical information, check out Magento’s 2.2.0 Release Notes.
Magento 2.2 – Who is this for, B2B-wise?
- B2B businesses considering replatforming from a less-than-stellar or outdated platform.
The Context of B2B Digital Growth
Twice the size of the B2C market, the B2B market is expected to reach $6.7 trillion globally by 2020 and is rapidly going digital.
B2B Companies Require More Than a Simple Shopping Cart
At the enterprise level, B2B companies deal with complex dynamics such as specific pricing for different clients, multiple sales channels, line of credit and PO purchasing, customer-side approval workflows … and the list goes on.
Is Magento 2.2 compatible with your business and systems? Get in touch, we’d love to know where you’re at and where you’re headed, eCommerce-wise.
If you have yet to take your first steps into digital commerce or are looking to do online business even better, contact us to request our Enterprise/B2B eCommerce Starter Guide.