On May 12th, Absolunet teamed up with several technology partners to host the 3rd annual ENGAGE eCommerce seminar/workshops, where clients and partners got together to talk about the real issues and challenges facing retailers, all the while getting a glimpse into the technologies and trends that will influence consumers and eCommerce in the near future.
This year’s ENGAGE brought together over 40 North-American retailers at Montreal’s Science Center to take part in the dynamic, exchange-driven keynotes and roundtables, designed to address “What’s up, what’s new and what’s next”.
Partners and speakers included some of the sharpest minds and top people at PayPal Canada, Magento Business Intelligence, Dotmailer, inRiver, Dynamic Yield, Return Magic and of course, Absolunet.
Highlights included the following keynote presentations and roundtable discussions:
- Magento Business Intelligence’s Senior Business Analyst James Roddy was the opening keynote, sharing how BI is currently being applied to solve complex marketing and merchandising issues.
- Dynamic Yield’s Blair Lyon broke down the complex issue of personalization into manageable, actionable ideas in “Increase margins using personalisation tactics”. Blair is Dynamic Yield’s Vice-President for North America.
- Absolunet’s own Management Consultant and eCommerce Strategist Chris Shaw came in from our Kansas City office to give attendees a glimpse into the mildly complex but quintessential strategy and tactics of “How to use Amazon to your advantage”.
- The day ended with fascinating data-based insight into returns management and the opportunities that are present in every retailer’s return policies and practices, “Driving profits and margins leveraging RMAs”, masterfully presented by Return Magic’s Raff Paquin and Guillaume Racine.
Round-table discussions – Merchants x Merchants
One of the more appreciated workshops were the roundtables, which brought together merchants around a specific theme, opportunity and or challenge, moderated by senior executives from specifically-chosen partner organizations.
- Paul Parisi, President of PayPal Canada flew in from Toronto to discuss recent and upcoming developments and opportunities: “The opportunity for Canada to become an eCommerce Leader globally”
- Mattias Eriksson, Vice-President of Strategic Sales at inRiver in California helped merchants dissect their product information challenges: “Telling the right story with rich product information”
- “eMail marketing campaigns that drive results” was a well-received roundtable, moderated by Dotmailer’s Jonny Dixon, facebook image caroussel Head of U.S. Channels and who flew in from New York for the event.
- Jason Hughes, Absolunet’s Vice-president, US Sales and Operations moderated the popular “Leveraging eCommerce innovation to compete”
The goal of Absolunet’s ENGAGE Events is to provide a stimulating environment where merchants can exchange with other merchants and vendors and discuss challenges, opportunities and exchange a few hacks (or so we heard).
Absolunet’s team wishes to thank the partners, staff and volunteers for their help in making this event a success. Thanks also to our clients and friends for taking part in this annual, hands-on series of discussions and exchanges. We’re already looking forward to ENGAGE 2018!