- Work with the Executive VP to establish sales strategies and forecasts.
- Ensure that opportunities for new business are developed, qualified, pursued and converted.
- Develop and execute business development strategies to achieve Absolunet’s sales objectives.
- Work with Absolunet’s technology partners (Magento, Insite, inRiver, Adobe, more) to generate leads.
- Own the proposal and pitch process for new business, ensuring efficiency and success.
- Meet and exceed your quarterly and annual sales targets.
- Develop your sales-related expense budget and manage it.
- Transition sold contracts to accounts and dev teams.
- Prioritize leads and prospects according to likelihood to close, potential long term value and strategic relevance (sales pipeline optimization).
- Contribute to the development of Absolunet’s strategic plan for business development.
- Develop, leverage and maintain client and partner relationships to drive referrals.
- Manage your sales funnel in the CRM and maintain high lead conversion and win rates.
- With the help of Account Directors, increase and maximise client relationships and business.
- Establish KPIs and reporting for performance tracking systems.
- Monitor customer, market and competitor activity; provide insight to executive team.
- Have a good overall sense of what’s happening with the agency’s clients, ensuring that ongoing relationships with your clients are healthy. Intervene if/when appropriate.
- Maintain strong presence in the industry through networking and participating in organized industry events/functions (Magento Imagine, TAG, PIMpoint Summit, IRCE, etc.).
- Stay updated on market movement, developments and trends. Actively network in order to identify potential opportunities for the agency.
- Note – This is a senior professional position that requires no staff supervision.
Qualifications and Position Requirements
- 10 years or more of relevant experience in sales and/or business development.
- Experience in interacting with business leaders and decision-makers in a sales context.
- Familiarity with retail, B2B and D2C environments.
- Ability to manage multiple leads simultaneously.
- Ability to convert business opportunities into deals.
- Experience in the IT and/or eCommerce is a definite plus.